This service enables your systems and software products to serve your interests with a higher level of operation safety and cost efficiency. We test and control development and operation of your product and direct the process towards a development path that best suits your needs. Testing is an indispensable component of high level software development, operation or investment implementation.
Our “Certified Tester Foundation Level” testers have ample experience and they also test our proprietary products. Market acceptance of products having undergone our testing service is exceptionally good. Both awarded with the innovation grand prize, PULSE, and DOMINO have been tested with the Rubin SPIRIT TEST service.
Rubin SPIRIT TEST service is the very basis for successful projects and quality assurance.
We recommend this service to…
Companies and service providers operating in the banking, insurance, telecommunications, business administration and sales sectors. Industries where using secure and high quality software for internal use and for serving customers is a must.
Why do we recommend this service?
- High operational reliability
- Risk analysis, accurate detection of issues and troubleshooting.
- Costs you can plan ahead.
- Safe software investment and development.
- Quality assurance.
- Reduction of maintenance costs.
Development costs may get out of hand due to issues detected too late. Issues found during the planning, encoding and test phase can help reduce maintenance costs. Automated tests can reduce the number of participants in the project, which can result in significant savings.
|IT-Platform||Apache, Android, Real-time systems, HP/UX, IIS, iPhone/iPad, JAVA/J2EE, JSP, Linux, MS/.NET, MS/Windows, Sun/Solaris, Tomcat, Unix (others) – AIX-IBM Unix, VmWare, Windows Unix|
|Solution/Projects||Billing, e-Procurment, ERP, Mobile Business, Virtualisation(Server, Network, Storage), Realtime alarming, Realtime inventory, Distributed client/server systems with high reliability, Mobile Data Services know-how|
|Products/Applications||MQ Series, ORACLE Applications|
|Databases||Access, DB2, Foxpro, MS SQL, MS SQL Server, mSQL/mySQL, Open Source DBs, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase|
|Networks/Protocols||Active directory, ASN.1, CORBA, Diameter, Edifact, Ethernet, GPRS, HTTPs/HTTP, IPSec, LDAP, Radius, SCP, SMS, SMTP, SNMP, SOA, SOAP, Syslog, TCP/IP, VOIP H.248, VOIP SIP, VPN, WebServices, XML, other(see notes) AJAX SSL usage for device communication by HTTPS, VPN.|
Benefits of external testing for you:
- Independent testing. The testers are not your employees.
- Cost efficient solution. You can use the service for the specific task without having to hire new employees.
- Risk sharing. We take responsibility for the test phase and help improve quality.
- We share experience with and provide training for your colleagues, if required.
- Successfully executed software project with calculable costs.
The role of testing:
- During the test phase we ensure that the specification of system criteria, the system plan and the finished software meet client needs as much as possible.
- Using the SPIRIT TEST service in the planning phase, you can avoid ending up with a faulty product due to wrong planning.
- With the independent Rubin SPIRIT TEST service, you can increase efficiency and speed up the development process.
- Even with a software product in the development phase you can start testing at any point.
- The software products checked with the Rubin SPIRIT TEST service excel in terms of quality and market assessment. (PULSE, DOMINO)
- You can significantly reduce repair costs of software products during the warranty period.
Results available with testing
- You get accurate data regarding the quality of your systems/products.
- Based on objective data, you can decide whether a certain product or service is ready to launch.
- We perform fault detection.
- We can significantly reduce the number of faults left in your system/product and remove those faults.
- You operating costs will be lower.
- The high quality of your software project is ensured by our test plans completed through risk assessment.
The benefits of automated testing:
- automated tests can reduce the number of project participants and overall project costs.
- the result of test runs can be stored in a database, based on which executive reports can be compiled for management
Planning the test process:
We perform a preliminary risk assessment on your system and prepare you for the difficulties you may expect.
We prepare a test plan, which includes
- the schedule of the test process,
- the checkpoints in the test process,
- the specific steps of the test.
Why is it a good idea to involve testers early in the project?
If development is carried out seemingly in accordance with the requirements of the system plan but development begins based on incorrect requirements or a faulty system plan, then the end product is doomed to fail.
It is best to involve testers in the testing phase to check the finished documents and also to outline the criteria available for testing.
Troubleshooting costs of software products increase as the development process progresses. Therefore, our service covers the entire life cycle of software development from planning to operation:
Each development process is built up stages: planning, encoding, testing, operation. The relative costs of faults detected in the specific stages are different. The earlier these faults are found, the lower the repair costs. If a fault is detected during the planning phase, its repair cost is about 1% compared to the same issue detected during the operating phase.
- assessment of criteria specifications
- assessment of system plans
- static code analysis from the initial phase of development
- unit tests to check the code under development
- integration test
- system test for the entire test or system
- acceptance test prior to release
- registration tests after the product is finished
- assessment of user documentation
Phases of testing:
- Component test: a test phase designed to check the operation of software components that can be tested individually and detect any faults in them.
- Integration test: a test phase testing the connections between the components tested in the earlier phase or the different system components.
- System test: testing of the complete product based on the criteria.
- Acceptance test: testing compliance with user needs, criteria and various business processes. The objective of this phase is to decide whether to accept the system.
- Regression test: testing a product having passed the acceptance test but modified since to ensure that the specific change does not result in any fault.
Rubin SPIRIT TEST service can be used to perform both manual and automated tests. The test process is documented every step of the way and the records are made available to our client. In the event of a regression test we agree to deliver to the client the finished automated tests and provide training in their use. If the client has insufficient resources for the tests, we provide the required experts.
DOMINO case study
Rubin GUI TEST case study